- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
University Record Retention: What to Save, What to Store and Shred Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Record retention is a critical issue that affects all Colleges and Universities. Not only are there legal requirements to comply with; records must be easily accessible and protected at the same time. What are the specific requirements and retention strategies that your college must implement? What records should be stored, and for how long? Join us for a live, 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- What are your record retention requirements under the law?
- Key factors in drafting a clear university retention guideline
- Risks of improperly storing & maintaining records
- Considerations that facilitate easy access to electronic records
This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you with the framework for properly managing and maintaining a college-wide record retention policy.
- What are Your Record Retention Requirements?
- What type of records can and cannot be destroyed under regulation?
- Should electronic files, websites & emails be managed similarly?
- Developing checklist for proper record retention
- How and when should you perform audits to ensure compliance?
- University Records: Strategies for Efficient Retention Practices
- What are some special concerns involved in retention of personnel records?
- Maintaining faculty and staff files at your University: What needs to be retained?
- How should university records be destroyed?
- What are the varied timeframes for specific record retention?
- Keys for Instituting an Effective Record Management Program for Your College
- Tips for drafting clear document retention policies and guidelines.
- What is involved in destruction University records?
- Best practices for record program implementation
- Cost effective techniques that ensure proper compliance
- Live Question and answer session-Have your record retention questions answered!
Michael Sermersheim served as in-house legal counsel, at The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio for over thirty years. In 1996, he provided the vision for and then implemented web-based delivery of legal and other information to the campus community, including Employee Training, University rules and legal compliance information.
- Mr. Sermersheim is a frequent public speaker nationally and locally, having spoken on a broad range of legal compliance subjects, including Fundamental Responsibilities for Attorneys in Electronic Discovery, Records Retention and Destruction Considerations for Counsel and Senior Management, selected Risk Management matters, Computer Access, forms of Harassment, Policy Formation and Implementation, and Employment Issues. Additionally, he has published several works that are of significant interest to senior managers.
- Michael Sermersheim is the founder and owner of MDS Consulting Group, created to provide management consulting to educational institutions, government and businesses regarding the business and needs for information privacy, information security, management of information, and a broad array of compliance matters for businesses today. He is also a part-time faculty member in the graduate school of Cleveland State University.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.