- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Transform Your Classroom: Design Questions to Engage College Students Webinar Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Highly effective classroom questions are those that engage college students in the learning process. How can you successfully engage students with effective question that will benefit them for the rest of their lives? Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn:
- How to use classroom questions to achieve desired learning outcomes
Strategies for asking classroom questions that motivate student participation
- How to design questions that encourage students to think critically
- Do's & Don'ts for asking questions in your college classroom
This 60-minute webinar will show you and your colleagues how to effectively design classroom questions that can be used to engage college students and promote critical thinking skills.
- Design Classroom Questions that Will Engage Today's College Student
- Methods for designing highly effective classroom questions
- How critical thinking questions motivate & engage more students
- Tips for asking questions that create the most student involvement
- What specific types of questions should be avoided?
- Strategies for Determining What Type of Questions Will be Most Effective
- What type of questions will get students thinking & solving problems?
- Specific questions that generate stronger student responses
- How to ask different questions to achieve different goals?
- Re-Invent Your College Classroom to Get Your Students Thinking More
- Keys to identify what motivates your students
- Tools in asking questions that will engage competition among students
- Proven techniques to generate productive in class discussions
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
Derek Bruff is an assistant director at the Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching and senior lecturer in mathematics at Vanderbilt. Derek consults regularly with instructors in a variety of disciplines at Vanderbilt and elsewhere about educational technology and other teaching and learning topics, helping them to develop and refine their teaching skills, deepen their understanding of the teaching and learning process, and takes a more scholarly approach to teaching.
- Derek's research interests center on investigating effective uses of classroom response systems ("clickers"). His book on the topic, Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments, was published by Jossey-Bass in February 2009, and he blogs on the topic at www.derekbruff.com/teachingwithcrs.
- He speaks regularly on the use of classroom response systems and has been interviewed by The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, and The National Teaching & Learning Forum.
- In his mathematics teaching, Bruff emphasizes concepts and applications in addition to computational procedures, uses technology to increase student engagement in and out of class, and engages in the scholarship of teaching and learning. Prior to his current position, Bruff taught in the mathematics department at Harvard University. He has a PhD in mathematics from Vanderbilt University
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.